Sunday, June 5, 2016

Blog Post #C - Chapters 3 &/or 8

The concepts I have chosen to reflect on for this blog post are all similar to each other.
    First, I chose Internet Literacy. This is important to me because of the way out the world is headed in this technological era. One of my biggest pet peeves is to see multiple Facebook friends “sharing” posts that they honestly believe to be the truth. To me, this is an example of a lack of Internet literacy. To be honest, it worries me, and I do not believe that there is enough education or awareness for Internet literacy.
    Second, I’ve chosen digital literacy I would actually like to learn more about this concept. It feels like an umbrella term meaning a bunch of different types of literacy categories and one. You should have critical thinking skills as well as knowledge of new modifications of old materials. I personally feel I need to improve more in this area of literacy.
    Third, I chose Media Literacy. Media Literacy is a concept I believe my generation is exceptionally well at. Because of this, I feel like I could bring fresh and new ideas to me future classrooms. Ideas that would include social networking and web-based creativity. I would love to incorporate concepts such as my students blogging and creating their own web pages.
All three of these ideas interested me in different ways. However, I think the information I have learned about them will benefit me as an educator of the future.



Resources:
Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.



No comments:

Post a Comment