Sunday, June 12, 2016

Digital Blog Post #E - Chapters 4, 7 &/or 9

This week I will be reflecting on all aspects of multimedia in the classroom. After reading chapter 9 of our textbook as well as noticing different tools used in education throughout this course, I now recognize how important the content of the media we are showing to our students is just as important as the technology itself.
I would like first to reflect on Multimedia. After reading the definition of multimedia, my first reaction was to think back on my education and the lessons that stuck out to me the most. Most of the lessons I could recall all used multimedia. My teachers knew how to engage us and did an excellent job of doing so. I would like to one-day incorporate multimedia in my classroom such as interactive videos.
Next, I would like to reflect on Media Synergy. Unfortunately, this class is soon to be over because I do not fully grasp the concept of media synergy. If it is what I think it is, it would mean a teacher whom stands up and teaches the lesson while incorporating media such as power points. This is interesting to me, but I would like to learn more about this in the future.
The third thing I would like to reflect on is multimodal learning. I believe I would do well teaching in this manner. I have a brother that learns differently due to his learning disabilities. With that being said, I firmly believe students learn in different ways, and I think this learning technique would benefit all students because it teaches in several different ways.
I have enjoyed learning new techniques that I will be able to enhance my classroom.

To see an example of Multimedia click here to see my Storybird story.


No comments:

Post a Comment