Sunday, June 5, 2016

Digital Blog Post #D - Chapters 6 &/or 10

In this blog post, I have decided to reflect on low-tech,mid-tech, and high-tech accommodations. I am very interested in becoming a special education teacher. For this reason, different types of accommodations interest me for the benefit of my future classroom.
    Low-tech accommodations are often unnoticed, in my opinion. Resources such as one-on-one Learning with flashcards, Whiteboards, and worksheets are just as important as the more updated resources are used. I cannot ignore the price difference for using resources that are just as efficient with less cost.
    Mid-tech accommodations interest me because I feel like they integrate technology into a student's life at a slow pace without overwhelming them. I would like to use tablets to adjust my students slowly to the idea of education with technology.
 High-tech accommodations use technology that could benefit students who work better with computers and the resources of advanced nature. Using Advanced technology could help students who are visually impaired by using audiobooks with headphones to produce sounds for them to hear. In the same way, it could help hearing-impaired students see the lesson in words and visual summaries that could make all the difference in their learning experience.
     With a combination of different technologies to accommodate students in my classroom, I believe I could see a high success rate with the children I teach.



Resources:
Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment